Suspect in Solana Beach abduction attempt posts bail
The man accused of trying to duct-tape and kidnap a 7-year-old girl at her Solana Beach school last month has posted bail.
Jack Henry Doshay, 22, of Fairbanks Ranch, had been held without bail since his arrest April 1 in the alleged abduction attempt a week earlier.
Doshay pleaded not guilty April 3 to charges of kidnapping, false imprisonment and child cruelty. He faces 11 years in prison if convicted.
Prosecutors asked April 9 that Doshay be held on $2.5 million bail.
Vista Superior Court Judge William Gentry said April 9 that if Doshay posted the bail, he must be taken immediately to an in-patient psychological facility, wear a GPS anklet 24 hours a day, surrender his passport and refrain from driving.
On the afternoon of March 23, Doshay allegedly grabbed the girl at Skyline Elementary School, clapped a hand over her mouth, tried to put tape onto her face and ordered her to get into his silver-and-black SUV.
When she struggled and fought back, the would-be abductor let her go, returned to his vehicle and drove off, authorities said.
Detectives followed up about 150 tips in the case before tracking down the suspect in Orange County with information provided by his attorney, Paul Pfingst.
An affidavit in support of an arrest warrant states that Doshay’s father, Glenn — a minority owner of the San Diego Padres — told his son’s therapist two days after the alleged abduction attempt that he suspected his son was involved.
A readiness conference was set for May 6 and a preliminary hearing for May 28.