• Santa Fe Christian made a rare early postseason exit as the Eagles lost to La Jolla, 54-17, in a first-round Division III playoff game on Nov. 14 at Torrey Pines High School.
Benton Weeks rushed for 82 yards and one touchdown on 18 carries in defeat for the Eagles.
Carter Roberts completed three of 11 pass attempts for 51 yards including a 33-yard scoring strike to Ash Matthesius in the fourth quarter. Roberts also threw one interception.
Chris Hermes led the Eagles defensively with 15 tackles and Kevin Loney added 10 tackles.
The Eagles fell to 5-6 overall for the season.
• Perennial power Torrey Pines went into the state tournament with a head of steam.
The four-time state champions won their third consecutive Southern California Regional title on Nov. 13 at Arrowhead Country Club in San Bernardino.
The Falcons shot a combined 372 and finished deadlocked with Diamond Bar, but won the tie-breaker with their sixth golfer, Shiyang Fan, providing the margin of victory.
Fan shot a 5-over-par 77.
Carolyn Zhao shot a 72 to lead the Falcons (she finished tied for 11th individually) and Sung Eun Park contributed a 73 score.
Hana Furuichi shot a 75 and Muni He and Rong Ji each shot a 76.
The Falcons were among three teams to qualify for the Nov. 18 state tournament at Red Hill Country Club in Rancho Cucamonga. Diamond Bar and Rancho Bernardo were the others.
• Canyon Crest Academy defeated Del Norte 3-0 (25-12, 25-12, 25-19) in a San Diego Section Open Division quarterfinal on Nov. 14.
Jolie Rassmussen had 18 kills to lead the Ravens and Rebecca Maloney had 31 assists.
• Cathedral Catholic lost to Rancho Buena Vista 3-2 (25-21, 12-25, 25-13, 16-25, 15-8) in the second round of the San Diego Section Division I playoffs on Nov. 14.
Lauren Woodard had 17 kills to lead the Dons and Madison Linxwiler added 14 kills.
Jeni Clark had 23 assists and Lexi Dorn had 20 assists.
The loss followed a 3-0 (25-20, 25-22, 25-19) victory over Mission Vista three days earlier in which Linxwiler had 12 kills and Woodard had 11 kills.
Clark and Dorn contributed 22 and 15 assists, respectively.
The Dons fell to 18-15 overall for the season.
• San Dieguito Academy lost to Rancho Buena Vista 3-1 (25-21, 25-19, 12-25, 25-18) in the first round of the Division I playoffs on Nov. 14.
Emily Kimball had 13 kills in defeat for the Mustangs and Sarah Colla added 11 kills.
Lindsey King had 34 assists.
The Mustangs fell to 22-13 overall for the season.
• Torrey Pines defeated Westview 3-1 (25-18, 19-25, 25-19, 25-20) in the first round of the elite Open Division playoffs on Nov. 14.
The top-seeded Falcons improved to 25-6 overall for the season.
• La Costa Canyon advanced to the Division I semifinals after opening with two playoff victories.
The No. 1-seeded Mavericks defeated No. 9 La Jolla Country Day 3-2 (21-25, 25-21, 25-20, 18-25, 15-13) in a Nov. 14 quarterfinal.
The Mavericks defeated No. 16 Valhalla 3-0 (25-12, 25-12, 25-11) on Nov. 11.
The Mavericks improved their overall record for the season to 21-7.
• San Diego Jewish Academy lost to El Camino 3-2 (25-11, 23-25, 19-25, 25-18, 15-11) in the first round of the Division III playoffs on Nov. 11.
The Lions fell to 14-4 overall for the season.
• Torrey Pines completed a perfect Palomar League campaign with a 3-0 victory over Westview on Nov. 11.
Samantha “Sammy” Cirino scored two goals to lead the Falcons and Farah Farjood added one goal and one assist.
Alayna Tomlinson added one goal, and Gabi Jimenez and Shannon Yogerst each contributed one assist.
Falcons goalie Jaden Watkins had four saves.
The Falcons improved to 10-0 in league and 19-5 overall for the season.
• Canyon Crest Academy couldn’t have picked a better time to extend its own season- high four-game winning streak.
The Ravens, who opened the season with four straight wins, matched that mark with an 8-1 victory over El Capitan in the first round of the Division II playoffs on Nov. 15.
Anita Kelleher scored two goals and had one assist to lead the Ravens and Kragen Metz and Ashley Levinson each added two goals.
Arielle Shahrabani added one goal and one assist.
The victory followed a 2-0 win against Mt. Carmel in a Palomar League finale for both teams on Nov. 11.
Kira Loren and Shahrabani each scored one goal, and Kelleher had two assists to lead the Ravens.
Miranda Rafner was credited with the shutout.
The Ravens improved to 6-4 in league and 14-9 overall for the season.