Solana Beach’s Winners Circle Resort celebrates renovation

One of Winners Circle Resort’s renovated two-bedroom suites.
One of Winners Circle Resort’s renovated two-bedroom suites.
( / Courtesy photo)

After four years of renovations, Winners Circle Resort celebrated its new look March 27 with a ribbon cutting and grand reopening ceremony.

“Everything really turned out great,” said Assistant General Manager Jaquelyn Wahidi. “There is a really nice homey feel. When you stay here now, you feel like you’re in your home away from home.”

Winners Circle Resort opened its doors in 1982. The 94-room timeshare and hotel property was once a Best Western. Located across from the Del Mar racetrack, today about 60 percent of the property’s guests are timeshare owners, while the remaining 40 percent are nightly hotel guests, Wahidi said.

Housed in four buildings, Winners Circle Resort features a dozen 350-square-foot studio suites, 70 700-square-foot one-bedroom suites, and a dozen 1,000-square-foot two-bedroom suites. The one- and two-bedroom suites have two bathrooms. All suites offer in-room kitchens.

Other resort amenities include an outdoor pool, hot tub, clubhouse, game room, tennis courts, barbeque grills and picnic tables. Red Tracton’s Steakhouse and The Fish Market are also on site.

“It’s a really nice family-friendly property here in Solana Beach,” Wahidi said.

Although the owners recarpeted, refurnished and repainted the resort in the 1990s, this is the first time the resort has been completely remodeled since it first opened. Beginning in December 2011, one building was renovated every year, with the last of the four buildings finished in early March.

Every suite was renovated, from floor to ceiling. The remodeled rooms feature all-new bathrooms, kitchens, furniture and appliances — including new dishwashers, microwaves, ovens and stoves. Local company Custom Comfort Mattress also created custom mattresses for the resort.

“It’s wonderful that it’s finally done,” said Wahidi, noting that guests and owners had been requesting remodeled rooms during the renovations. “It’s a weight off of our shoulders. Now anyone can come in and get to stay in a renovated room.”

Winners Circle Resort is at 550 Via de la Valle in Solana Beach. Call 858-755-6666 or visit www.winnerscircleresort.com.


Advertisement