San Diego-area high school umpires are needed by the Pacific Baseball Umpires Association.
A meet and greet for new umpires will be held at 7 p.m. Dec. 16 at Rancho Bernardo High.
The Pacific Umpires Association:
• Gives umpires thorough, CIF-accredited mechanics training in accordance with the CCA manual for solo, two-, three- and four-man crews.
• Provides rules instruction and interpretation for High School (NFHS) baseball.
• Certifies umpires for work in CIF varsity level baseball games.
• Provides a mentorship program for continued improvement with umpire skills.
• Uses a state of the art, online and email assigning system called “Arbiter.” You can take a look at this site: https://www.arbitersports.com.
• Uses an Internet-based electronic umpire payment system called “RefPay” in addition to school vouchers for payment for games.
Pacific Umpires are assigned to schools primarily in San Diego County that are north of Highway 56 up to Fallbrook but also includes schools in Temecula, Julian, Ramona and Borrego Springs.
Pacific begins an 8-week training schedule on Jan. 6, 2016, where umpires will attend a weekly Wednesday evening (6:30-8 p.m.) rules and situations training class and a weekly Saturday field mechanics training session (9 a.m.-1 p.m.). At the completion of the training an online CIF rules test is administered. The accredited program of training ensures you will be properly prepared for high school level games.
Pacific Umpires also work several tournaments including the San Diego Lions Club, the North County, the Falcon-Pirate, the Tri-City and the Pacific Classic. Pacific Umpires are consistently selected for the San Diego County CIF playoffs. They are also selected to work elite “Coach’s League” games throughout the off-season as well as other tournaments.
Dues for the 2016 season will remain the same at $75. Pacific uses the funds to pay for Arbiter registration, insurance for classroom and field clinics, rule books, case books and CCA manuals.
The first classroom meeting of the year will be at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 6, 2016 at Rancho Bernardo High School, 13010 Paseo Lucido, San Diego, CA 92128.
Contact Skip Wilson, recruiter, Pacific Baseball Umpires, at email@example.com or 760-518-2222.